The Van Doren Scholarship
2020 Application Checklist – 2020 APPLICATIONS DUE MARCH 19.
Thank you for your interest in applying for a 2020 Van Doren Scholarship. The annual Van Doren competition consists of two components: a written Application that includes evidence of your academic performance and character, and a personal interview with the Scholarship Committee if you are chosen as a finalist. For best results, follow these instructions carefully.
- The postmark deadline for Complete Applications is Thursday, March 19, 2020. Applications received with later postmark dates will not be considered.
- Applications are deemed complete when we have received each of the following:
- Your 2020 Application Form. This is available online at our website (www.vandorenscholars.com) or in hardcopy form at most Somerset County Public Library branches and secondary school Guidance Offices.
- A legal signature indicating that you (and your parent or legal guardian, if under 21) acknowledge your eligibility and other requirements of the competition.
- A recent academic transcript from your current secondary or post-secondary school.
- Official confirmation of all SAT and/or ACT scores and all SAT subject and AP test scores received to date. Photocopies are acceptable.
- Two recent letters of reference attesting to your record of achievement as a student and to your personal character. These are described fully in the Application form.
NOTE: IF ANY OF THE DOCUMENTS IN C) TO E) ABOVE ARE BEING SENT SEPARATELY FROM YOUR APPLICATION (AS IS OFTEN THE CASE WITH OFFICIAL SCHOOL TRANSCRIPTS, FOR INSTANCE), IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ASSURE THAT SENDERS ADHERE TO THE POSTMARK DEADLINE.