The Van Doren Scholarship 2023 APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY MARCH 16.
Click on the link for the application: 2023 Application Form
Thank you for your interest in applying for a Van Doren Scholarship. The Van Doren application consists of two components:
(1)The written sections that include evidence of your academic performance and character
(2) A personal interview with the Scholarship Committee if you are chosen as a finalist.
For best results, follow these instructions carefully.
Applications are deemed complete when we have received each of the following by the deadline:
- Your 2023 Application Form. This is available online at our website (www.vandorenscholars.com) or in hardcopy form at most Somerset County Public Library branches and secondary school guidance offices.
- A legal signature indicating that you (and your parent or legal guardian, if under 21) acknowledge your eligibility and other requirements of the competition.
- A recent academic transcript from your current secondary or post-secondary school.
- Two recent letters of reference attesting to your record of achievement as a student and to your personal character. These are described fully in the application form.
NOTE: IF ANY OF THE DOCUMENTS IN 3-4 ABOVE ARE BEING SENT SEPARATELY FROM YOUR APPLICATION (AS IS OFTEN THE CASE WITH OFFICIAL SCHOOL TRANSCRIPTS, FOR INSTANCE), IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ASSURE THAT SENDERS ADHERE TO THE POSTMARK DEADLINE.